2020 Hurricane Season Prediction for Trinidad and Tobago

The Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service (TTMS) is predicting above-normal tropical cyclone (TC) activity in the Area of Interest (AoI) for Trinidad and Tobago, during the 2020 hurricane season, June to November. The AoI is the waters to the east of Trinidad and Tobago, spanning the area south of 15o north latitude, between the Eastern Caribbean and West Africa.

The TTMS seasonal hurricane forecast shows an 85% chance for above-normal, a 13% chance for near-normal and a 2% chance for below-normal tropical cyclone activity in the area of interest for Trinidad and Tobago.